Kindergarten applications are due on Friday, January 13, 2017. You can apply online, over the phone, or in person at 333 Seventh Avenue. Check out the District 1 Kindergarten Directory. The DoE also provides the links below for help with the application process.
* Online Application
* Website (information and resources about Kindergarten Admissions)
* Email (the Kindergarten Admissions email list to get the latest updates and key date reminders)
* Phone: 718-935-2009 (for questions about Kindergarten Admissions)
Notes from the directory:
* District 1 is a choice district, and all schools in the district are called “Choice Schools.” There are no zoned schools in the district. Children living in District 1 have priority to attend all schools in the district.
* All children living in NYC who were born in 2012 will begin kindergarten in September 2017. All children born in 2012 are guaranteed a kindergarten seat in school. Once your child starts kindergarten, they can remain at that school until its final grade.
* Admission is not first-come, first-served. All applications received online, by phone, or in person by the January 13, 2017 deadline are treated the same based on admissions priorities. Offer letters will be sent to families in March 2017, and the pre-registration deadline will be in April.
* All families seeking a kindergarten seat should submit an application, including current pre-K students, students with disabilities, and English Language Learners.
* Current pre-K students do not automatically stay at their school for kindergarten.
* Only one application can be processed per child and only the primary custodial parent/guardian can submit an application.
The Pre-K application window runs from January 17 through February 24. Visit the Pre-K Admissions website and see the 2017 Pre-K Directory for Manhattan programs. See our Pre-K Admissions page for more information from the directory.
* CCELL Calendar and Business Meeting: Language Access Workshop, 1/5/2017, 6:00pm, 52 Chambers St.
* CCSE Calendar Meeting: “Transitioning Out of High School,” 1/10/2017, 6:00pm, 52 Chambers St.
* CEC1 Business Meeting, 1/11/16, 6-8:30pm, PS 20 (166 Essex St.)
* CEC1 Calendar Meeting, 1/25/16, 6-8:30pm, PS 20 (166 Essex St.) – Capital Plan Hearing
* CEC1 Calendar and Business Meeting, 2/8/16, 6-8:30pm, PS 20 (166 Essex St.)