Dear School Communities,
CEC1 recommends that you begin collaborating on prioritizing your capital requests now. This should be a collaborative process among school leaders, staff, SLT members, PA/PTA members, and other interested community members. The School Construction Authority (SCA) has indicated that it will only accept capital requests for District 1 from the CEC and not from individual schools, so we will be asking that school leaders submit requests to us as soon as this year’s updated Capital Plan Budget Amendment is released.
Normally, we already would have reached out to school leaders with updates and request forms from the SCA, but we cannot do so until the new Capital Plan Budget Amendment has been issued. We hope to receive it soon and be able to distribute request forms to schools. In the meantime, we urge that you begin the process of meeting as communities to discuss your buildings’ needs, especially as the timeline for submissions in the new year may be compressed.
Please contact us with any questions,
- Citywide Council on English Language Learners (CCELL), Calendar and Business Meeting: Tues. 1/5/16, 6:00 pm, Tweed Courthouse at 52 Chambers St. (English and Multilingual Flyers).
- CEC1 Business Meeting: Wed. 1/6/16, 6:00 – 8:30 pm, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- CEC1 Calendar Meeting: Wed. 1/20/16, 6:00 – 8:30 pm, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- Date Change: February’s CEC1 Business and Calendar Meeting will take place on Tues. 2/23/2016 (please note the date change from 2/10/2016).
- From the District Office:
- D1 Kindergarten Enrollment Workshop: Henry Street Settlement at the Boys and Girls Republic, Wed. 1/6/15, 6:00 – 7:30 pm, 888 E. 6th St., (Flyer in Spanish)
- Presidents Council: Fri. 1/8/16, 9:00 – 10:30 am, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- “District 1 Nuts and Bolts SLT Training”: 1/12/2016. More information to come.
- District Leadership Team Meeting, Thurs. 1/21/16, 10 am – 12 pm, PS 140, 123 Ridge St.